New Video! AGHL Seminar with Dr. Yogesh Shah
Posted in Academics
In case you missed it – our Spring AGHL Seminar with Dr. Yogesh Shah is now available on our YouTube channel.
- Explain the cognitive continuum and describe Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI).
- Review evidence-based lifestyle changes and cognitive vitality.
- Higher dementia risk in the African Americans.
- Social Determinants of Health and Dementia connection
- Collaboration between a faith-based community and a health care community.
Yogesh Shah MD, MPH, FAAFP
Dr. Yogesh Shah is the Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Affairs for Broadlawns Medical Center. Dr. Shah joined the organization in September 2016 and served as a geriatrician in the Broadlawns Geriatric and Memory Center for his first three years with the Broadlawns. Prior to joining the medical staff at Broadlawns, he served as the Associate Dean of Global Health at Des Moines University and was the founding physician for the Des Moines University Memory Clinic.
Dr. Shah received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Bombay University in India. He completed his residency training in Family Medicine with the Mercy Mayo Residency Program, and he earned his Geriatric Fellowship from the Mayo Clinic where he worked on Mild Cognitive Impairment. He is triple-board-certified in Family Medicine, Geriatrics, Hospice and Palliative Care. Dr. Shah holds a Masters in Public Health from Des Moines University.